In the early 1930's local revival meetings produced a number of new converts who needed a church to attend regularly. The "old Zerby" church was formed December 31, 1936 as the fourth church in the God's Missionary Church conference, which has its headquarters in Penns Creek, PA.
In the 1970's, under the pastorate of Rev. Allen Russell, the current church and parsonage were constructed along Route 45 and has served this community since that time.
We thank God for the pastors who have served here across the years. In August of 2010, Rev. and Mrs. Andrew Cooley came to be our present pastor and wife.
Our conference President is Rev. Jacob Martin. He recently came to serve in this position. He lives with his wife, Rhoda, in Middleburg, PA.